“Startlingly Impressive”- Marcello Recommends: “Folding Time” by Productivity Expert, Neen James

How to achieve twice as much in half the time.”  Sounds pretty good right?  Almost sounds too good to be true, actually.

Well, if you’re Neen James, or one of her clients, or one of the fortunate few whose company was wise enough to tap into her brilliance, you already know that efficiency and productivity are well within the realm of possibility.

Neen’s latest book is about being accountable for our time, engaging our attention and leveraging our energy.”  It provides tested systems and processes that can enable you to enjoy a better quality of life, grow your business, advance your career, enjoy deeper relationships, build your reputation, increase your personal profile, and have the pleasure of reconnecting with friends, colleagues and family members.

Neen, who I’m grateful to consider a friend, is what you’d call a “super-productive connector” and “thought leader.”  She’s one part Tony Robbins, one part Emily Post, a spoonful of  Grace Kelly and a dash of Oprah all wrapped up into one delectable dish of Aussie fabulous-ness.    She consistently and generously connects like-minded individuals so they can create mutually beneficial opportunities and outcomes.

My mother used to cut out articles that she thought would help me in some way and then mail them over with nice little hand-written note or personally introduce me to influential acquaintances who she thought could be potential mentors.  Neen possesses the same kindhearted forethought and has updated the process with today’s technology.

Folding Time  offers nuggets to those who seek peace of mind and productivity while managing a busy schedule and personal responsibilities.    Like the other books I’ve recommended here on the MMP blog, I thought you’d appreciate her timely affirmations and keen guidance as well.

Below are a few excerpts and concepts covered in Folding Time to whet your appetite;

 

 

 

“The most productive people I know do less, not more… but they do more of the things that matter to them. ”

“Be active, not busy.”

“Schedule activity, recovery and re-energy.  Maximum capacity requires forward planning.”

“Learn how to say “no” nicely.”

“15 minutes is the true secret to productivity.”

6 minute theory- “If you invest 10% of every hour you will maximize the remaining 90% of that hour.”

Concentrate on long-term goals and focus on short-term results.”

Not too many people can give you an hour anymore, “Host a tele-coffe or tele-cocktails.

Surround yourself with VIPs (Very Inspiring People) and eliminate VDPs (Very Draining People) from your life.  VIPs  can be friends, family members or business colleagues who are impressive to you, who inspire you to do better.  Spending time with VIPs motivates and invigorates you and ultimately accelerates your productivity.”

Conscious Celebration theory:   “We always have time to do what matters.”

Make happiness and joy a priority.” – via Kim Woodsworth

“Workout when you wake up.  Get it done early.  No interruptions, no excuses– do it.”

Associate your bed with sleep– Experts will tell you the only activities that belong in bed are sleep and sex.   It’s not a good idea to use your bed to watch TV, listen to the radio or read excessively.    Do not bring work to bed. ”

“Listen with your eyes.” –  The invaluable lesson her neighbor, Donovan, taught her when he was only 5 years old.

“Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year- and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade. ”  – via Tony Robbins

 

 

 

 

 

 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Comments

2 Responses to ““Startlingly Impressive”- Marcello Recommends: “Folding Time” by Productivity Expert, Neen James”
  1. Neen James says:

    WOW! Marcello this is the best review ever! It was fun to feature you in the book – thank you for sharing your brilliance with our readers.

    Your blog is amazing and it is such an honor to be included! Thank you again my friend.

  2. Marcello says:

    My pleasure Neen.

    Thank you for your continued friendship and for sharing all of your keen Neen-knowledge with me over the past few years.

    Looking forward to our next lunch with Michael and the convertible meet up. 🙂

    Best wishes,

    M

Thank you for reading this.

We welcome your comments and feedback.

*

Share This